Friday, March 13, 2020
Points to Emphasize:
- Adults at home and school are taking care of your health and safety. If you have concerns, please talk to an adult you trust.
- Not everyone will get the coronavirus (COVID-19) disease. School and health officials are being especially careful to make sure as few people as possible get sick.
- It is important that all students treat each other with respect and not jump to conclusions about who may or may not have COVID-19.
Their are things you can do to stay healthy and avoid spreading the disease
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Wash hands often with soap and water (20 seconds)
- If you don't have soap, use hand sanitizer (60-95% alcohol)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaner.
Information is rapidly changing about this new virus. To have the most correct information stay informed by accessing the CDC's website.